Friday, March 11, 2016

Plans for my 25th Year!

February 18, 2016

Day 235 as an Oklahoma Teacher

     Today, I realized that next year will be my 25th year as an Oklahoma teacher, and that my salary will be capped at $43, 950. The idea of retirement is not too far away, so I have decided to make a list of 25 ideas that I want to accomplish next year to commemorate my 25th year as a teacher.
This list is in random order.

1. Write a textbook for my seniors.
2. Make grammar videos.
3. Do more guest teaching.
4. Do a staff development presentation.
5. Create curriculum using the new standards.
6 .Align the curriculum 7-12 grades.
7. Collaborate with more teachers from across the state.
8. Teach a Comp I class at the high school.
9. Teach a Comp II class at the high school.
10. Make games or hands-on activities for grammar & punctuation.
11. Go completely digital.
12. Increase the use of the flipped-classroom idea.
13. Read 10 professional books.
14. Set up individual learning portfolios for my students.
15. Set up activities for stations in my classroom.
16. Get a Keurig and supplies for my room.
17. Start a Breakfast Club.
18. Add Learning Communities.
19. Work across the curriculum with one subject area.
20. Collaborate with college professors.
21. Complete a 30 day challenge.
22. Take a college class.
23. Complete random acts of kindness.
24. Keep blogging.
25. Learn a new idea everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment