Sunday, February 7, 2016

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Blogger Challenge

February 2, 2016

Day 221 as an Oklahoma Teacher

"One Way or Another" by Blondie

  Well, I had more than one struggle this year, but the top struggle has been creating the
  curriculum for this senior class. I have looped with this class two times. Teaching
  seniors needs to go a different direction than the other classes. Seniors should listen,
  speak, write, read and study vocabulary; however, some of the curriculum should mirror
  Comp I and Comp II classes and should involve personalized learning. Seniors or even
  juniors should be on a personalized learning plans that cover the standards, but the
  students work at their own pace and possibly receive college credit. "One way or
  another," I will find the way and have the time to organize the curriculum to match the
  needs of my students.

"I've Got the Power" by Snap

  I have two accomplishments this year, one for my class and one for me. I implemented
  a senior paper and project this year. I wanted my students to do something with what
  they wrote about in their papers. Some of them have some terrific ideas such as raising
  money to stop human trafficking, creating a book of short stories, and documenting what
  happens during the senior year. In May, the seniors will have to give an eight minute
  speech in front of a committee. I am even going to have a championship round where
  the students compete for prizes. The other accomplishment is that I started walking and
  running this year. It has helped me lose weight, think of new ideas, and feel better about
  myself. I am going one step further with exercising this year, and I hope to have better
  results. "I've Got the Power" to make any idea happen.

"Don't Stop Believing" by Journey

 In the things to accomplish category, I need to be more outspoken on educational
 issues, write another book, and make videos to match my curriculum. I am an
 introverted person; in high school, no one heard me say a word. I kept to myself, sat
 in the back, and prayed that no one asked me a question. Of course, I'm not that extreme
 anymore, but I do need to speak my mind and to be prepared to defend my ideas. I also
 want to write another book to update the senior curriculum to meet college standards
 and create videos that show grammar, writing, and reading strategies. I can't stop
 believing in what I can accomplish.

"We're not Going to Take It" by Twisted Sister

 With all the negative comments thrown at teachers and education, why would anyone
 want to stay in education? The song, "We're not Going to Take It" by Twisted Sister
 represents how we should stand up for what is right, even though we may be
 standing alone. Here are the reasons: stay in for the students, stay in for the
 community, and stay in for education. It's all about the students and helping them find
 their paths in the world. It's all about the communities and making connections with the
 people. Community support is needed to bridge the gap between a school and the
 outside world. It's all about education and the direction that should be taken. We can
 either participate in that direction or let someone else tell us what to do.


"Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson

 My students will not like this challenge, but they will complete it as part of their blog
 practice. Parents should complete this challenge and share it on Facebook. This blog
 challenge is also a good way for teachers to practice reflection. This blog challenge
 would make a good twitter chat, so I call on everyone who is involved in education to
 answer the questions for this blogger challenge. It will make us all stronger!
                   

                   








No comments:

Post a Comment