Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Hogwarts' Challenge

January 9th & 10th, 2016

Days 194 & 195 as an Oklahoma Teacher

     I decided to combine my weekend days into one blog.  One of my projects included making a Platform 93/4 for Hogwarts to go by my classroom door. My classroom is not finished yet; it's still a work in progress. I want to make items from literature to go in my room. I also want a Shakespeare on the shelf holding a quote from one of his plays or sonnets. I've been thinking that I should open a store just for teachers. This store would contain decorations for every subject area, classes on how to make the decorations, and a book club. Just a thought as a move closer to retirement. Another idea that I have been working on involves making the keys that were seen in Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone. I have the keys; I just have to make the wings.

     Thinking-that's what I have been doing all weekend. What are the best strategies to help senior students remember grammar and punctuation rules. I even want to throw in some vocabulary words. Since my students sit at tables, each group will draw for one of the houses at Hogwarts: Slytherin, Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, and Ravenclaw. Each group will be responsible for creating a way to remember the grammar and punctuation rules and some vocabulary words. They could write a story, a poem, a song, make a poster, something digital, like an IMovie. They will discuss tomorrow, work on it Tuesday, present it on Wednesday, and take a test over all the rules and words on Thursday or Tuesday, the 19th. I am going to relate all my challenges to literature. This is the Hogwarts' Challenge. I'll tell you how it goes this week.

     Keep blogging on!

No comments:

Post a Comment